To be considered for the 2013 Fine Writers Award, please take note of the following guidelines.
- Your essay must center on the chosen title – “Fanning the Flame”.
- You should compose an essay describing how the unique development of your gifts and talents through Christian
homeschooling impact culture in one or more of the following: arts, civic/government, career/workplace, academia, church/community, other (be specific).
- The essay must be between 1,000 and 1,200 words in length.
- You (and/or family) must be current members of NYS LEAH and have been so since 2011 (the last two years). No exceptions.
- You must be registering for and planning to attend the 2013 NYS LEAH Upstate Commencement Ceremony.
- Your essay must accompany your commencement registration form by the registration deadline of January 31st.
Entries will not be accepted after January 31st even if submitting a permitted late registration w/penalty. No exceptions.
- You must be willing to have your essay printed in the LEAH Messenger and to also read an excerpt as part of the 2013 NYS LEAH Upstate Commencement Ceremony.
A committee will consider all submissions and will choose the top two entries for awards. The best submission will be awarded $300 and a part in the 2013 commencement ceremony. The runner-up will receive $150. Both essays will be printed in a future edition of the LEAH Messenger. A decision will be announced by May 1, 2013 and posted on the LEAH website. The winning entrants will also be personally contacted. Please contact Holly Phillips, Upstate Commencement Coordinator, with questions. Her email is: firstname.lastname@example.org.